Thursday 14 April 2011

Hot Cross Buns

I am aware of many terrific bloggers in my area - Eats Dulwich, Bambuni Nunhead. Food Stories, Tehbus, Food Stories and Ginandcrumpets to name but a few - but the burning topic a coupe of days ago was Hot Cross Buns. I am not very experienced at yeast cookery but thought I should have a go.  I used the BBC Food recipe at http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/hotcrossbuns_397 adding a bit more mixed spice and a bit of candied peel.  They turned out OK, if a little heavier than the steam driven supermarket buns, but the flavour was delicious.  And they are delicious toasted.  A picture to whet you appetite:

1 comment:

  1. great looking HCBs! this is the first year hot cross buns have been abbreviated to HCB's for me and I love that :) . . . and well done on starting a blog too!

    ReplyDelete